Saturday, October 31, 2009

Big Day!


I haven't blogged for about a week or so because I have been getting ready to show some new pieces to Sarah Hamel from Made You Look Jewellery Studio and Gallery. Not a very big deal to most, but a very big deal to me because although I've sold in boutiques around Kingston, I haven't sold in Toronto, and Made You Look is definitely one of the hottest places to be featured in for a jewelry designer in Toronto.
Sooo, I packed up my wares and off to Toronto we went, hoping every km of the way that they would like my pendants. Because my medium is polymer clay and not the traditional silver, gold or beads, it is always difficult to say whether or not it will be accepted among those circles.

To make a long story short, I met with Sarah at Made You Look and she loved my pendants! She took a whole collection to sell in her store and tripled the asking price that I had suggested for retail!!! I have never had someone appreciate the quality or the value of my work as she did. It was such a huge validation for me. I have been making this stuff for so long that I sometimes wonder if it is worth it and after yesterday, I feel completely validated. She also gave me some great pointers about selling my jewelry and approaching galleries and shops - invaluable!

As I said to my husband Scott, "everyone needs a victory" and my day at Made You Look was certainly one of mine.

Thank-you Sarah and Scott for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment