Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year - Fresh ideas!

A new year, a fresh start and a world full of new and exciting possibilities!
This year the focus will be branding and style and some new product lines.

I have invested in a kiln (which should arrive today, with any luck!) and have been experimenting with Silver Art Clay and it has been coming along quite nicely.
Currently my workspace is filled with polymer clay as I have been trying out a new technique (new to me) that the helpful and most talented Leila graciously shared with me. It is a faux fabric or textile technique that is loads of fun and a bit time consuming if you don't have alot of old canes on hand. I still need some practice to improve the design but I am really happy with the concept. Thanks Leila!
I also have three boxes of clay (pottery - porcelain, stoneware and paperclay) that will make it's way into the kiln in the form of jewelry at some point. Hopefully, I will have lots of exciting new things to blog about. I just haven't been very good at it in the last few months. I want to make time at least once a week to update. I must write it into my calendar or it won't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment