Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter Carnival

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Montessori school Winter carnival by my friend Trish, which also was a big fundraiser for Help Tammy Help Haiti, which I have been a supporter of for the last few months. I was also asked to donate an auction piece which I painstakingly fretted over for the last few weeks and eventually came up with this:
It is my interpretation of the picture that Tammy sent me of the image that the residents of Cite' Soleil, Port-au-Prince painted on the water tower that Tammy and her colleagues built. The woman, I believe is Tammy and her hair represents the clean water they will now have to sustain themselves. It is sterling silver, hand pierced and polished. The edges are hammered to create a rustic diamond-edge effect. The lucky winner of this auction piece, Debby Doom, who was one of the leading organizers of the event, is presenting this to Tammy as a gift.
I am honored.

My sons' girlfriend, Jess, was a great help and organized my display for me. Here she is, ready to sell some work for me. Thanks so much Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment