Friday, June 10, 2011

Moving Ahead

It`s been awhile since I blogged. Thanks to all of you who have checked back here regularly. I really appreciate it.
I`ve kept busy finishing up my Summer 2011 line and happily started a new job at Metalworks, where my work is also available for sale. Yes, it is very nice to work at the same place that carries your jewellery. It`s fun to learn from everyone who works there and it`s great to bounce off ideas with each other. Being a studio jeweller, doesn`t provide a lot of opportunity to get immediate feedback or helpful suggestions, so that is really great.


I have recently hooked up with Distill Gallery in the historic Distillery District area of Toronto and they are now selling my work as well as Made You Look in Toronto. So, needless to say, my days have been very full.
I have, however been letting certain things in my life get a little left behind such as de-cluttering the garage, finishing painting the downstairs rooms and of course all of the yardwork and deck spruce-up needs to be attended to. So, needless to say, I have no shortage of work.
Design has begun (on paper) of my Fall-Winter Line and it is coming along nicely. As my metalsmithing
skills have improved, I think my designs are getting much better. I love comparing my work today from even a year ago to see how far it`s come.
I might even be collaborating with my son, Patrick, who is an up-and-coming artist for a new line of tribal - inspired jewellery. Can't wait to see what comes of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment